Weekly Messenger: “Where there is no vision, the people perish: but he that keepeth the law, happy is he.” -Proverbs 29:18
Vision means oracle, and prophecy (divine communication) and the verse obviously means the law. The law would be God’s rules and direction for life and definitely fits the book of Proverbs. Proverbs 29:18 gives the impact of how a person engages the Word of God. First, if you don’t accept and apply it you will be blessed or happy. If you choose to not have it in your life, you will perish or be on the path of destruction. The main emphasis of the verse is you can choose what you do with the bible, but you cannot choose the result. The results just come if you choose to embrace the Word of God or not. Are you learning the Bible for your life and applying it to your life? This Sunday we are coming back at 5 pm and begin an exciting series on the “The Great Family.” The focus will be on the five principles of a great family. If you are married, not married, widowed, single, or where ever you are, you can be impacted and blessed by these five principles. Be sure and pray and watch or better yet be there.
Five ways to get the vision God has for you in the law of God:
1. Read the entire Bible regularly. Too many Christians have never read the entire Bible. Don’t be one of them.
2. Read and Study the Bible- “But whoso looketh into the perfect law of liberty, and continueth therein, he being not a forgetful hearer, but a doer of the work, this man shall be blessed in his deed.” (James 1:25)
3. Be in church for Sunday School (9:15 am) and Worship (10:30 am)- This is so critical as it puts you an environment with like hearted Christians focused on learning the Bible together. “Iron sharpeneth iron; so a man sharpeneth the countenance of his friend.” (Proverbs 27:17)
4. Memorize the Bible. “Thy word have I hid in mine heart, that I might not sin against thee.” (Psalm 119:11)
5. Obey the Bible. “But be ye doers of the word, and not hearers only, deceiving your own selves.” (James 1:22)
Thanks for your support and prayer. I talk to many pastors and our church is above and beyond 100% awesome. Thank you for serving and calling me. I am praying for you, Pastor Mathew
Sunday Sermon: “Victory through Knowing Him part 2”- Who will you invite?
Church family Praises:
"Hi Brother mathew. I was cleaning this afternoon and ram across this from 2007 (devotional about fellowship). Good lesson even for 2021. Was a good reminder to me even if we can worship online. it is not the same."